de la vigne Pinot Noir 2016 NZ
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Hawke's Bay
Sub-region: Central Hawke's Bay, Waipawa
- Pinot Noir flourishes at Lime Rock due to our cooler climate, altitude and limestone soils.
- A range of flavours and complexity are found in the wines because of graduation in soil depth down the slope, different aspects of hills along with nine different clones, including Burgundian.
- Handpicked on sweetness, balance, flavour, colour, condition of the grapes and the vines. From top of hills, often part rows are picked, returning when flavour improves.
- Aged for 8 months in premium French oak, including coopers Mercurey, Dargaud and Jaegle and Francois Frere. 18% of wine in 1 and 2 year old oak barriques.
- Best principles of winemaking maintains and enhances the aromas, flavours, structure and texture of the wine. Vineyard is certified sustainable and managed following ecological processes.
From Waipawa in Central Hawke’s Bay, an exciting new New Zealand region with Pinot-friendly limestone, this Pinot Noir is ripe and juicy, smokey with spice and dark fruit aromas and flavours, along with complex savoury and earth characters. A well balanced wine that has bright acid and textured minerality, giving persistent length along with well-integrated, fine, chalky tannins.
Secret Sommelier’s Comments
Hawkes Bay is not your first thought when thinking NZ Pinot Noir, Central Otago and Martinborough perhaps. A reasonably deep colour for Pinot. Blueberries aromas bound out of the glass and then mellow towards an earthier forest floor note. The palate seemed fairly fruit-forward and typically new world but has layers of complexity that finishes on notes of cloves and vanilla with a touch of white pepper. A delectable 2016 Pinot Noir!!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.