de la terre Methode Traditionnelle Blanc de Blancs 2015 NZ
Region: Hawke's Bay
Sub-region: Te Mata Special Character Zone, Havelock North
- This wine is modelled on the palate richness and yeast expression typical of Veuve Clicquot to produce a rich, full-flavoured wine with the yeast notes expressing as ‘bready’/brioche – not too heavy or too toasty.
- A truly ‘hand-made’ wine – hand-picked grapes, hand-bottled, hand-riddled, hand-disgorged and hand-labelled.
- This is made in every way following true Champagne processing – no short cuts.
- 100% Chardonnay, hand-picked grapes from selected low-yielding vines.
- The grapes were gently pressed to strict Champagne Cuvee press-yield guidelines.
- Minimum 36 months on yeast in bottle (tirage) prior to disgorging.
- Riddled manually on traditional oak pupitres.
- Hand-disgorged using the traditional method of à la volée (ie without neck freezing).
- Zero dosage (no sugar addition) at disgorging.
- Estate bottled and hand-labelled.
- Very small production – 1717 bottles only, individually hand-numbered.
A rich/full green-apple flavour profile supported by firm acidity. Complexity and creaminess from the yeast with a long, dry finish.
Secret Sommelier’s Comments
A sophisticated Blanc de Blancs made from carefully selected Chardonnay with numerous passes through the vineyard. Produced in the traditional method without shortcuts. The mousse is elegant, soft and creamy giving way to apple, citrus, stone fruits and brioche. The flavours are carried nicely by the persistent acidity, the finish is long!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.