“Elegant, lively, fresh bubbles”
de la terre Methode Traditionnelle Cuvee II 2017 NZ
Region: Hawke's Bay
Sub-region: Te Mata Special Character Zone, Havelock North
- Stylistically different from our Blanc de Blancs – not as palate-rich and with lighter yeast expression. A more “everyday” bubbles.
- A truly ‘hand-made’ wine – hand-picked grapes, hand-bottled, hand-riddled, hand-disgorged and hand-labelled.
- This is made in every way following true Champagne processing – no short cuts.
- 100% Chardonnay, hand-picked grapes from selected low-yielding vines.
- The grapes were gently pressed to strict Champagne Cuvee press-yield guidelines.
- Minimum 24 months on yeast in bottle (tirage) prior to disgorging.
- Zero dosage (no sugar addition) at disgorging.
- Estate bottled and hand-labelled.
- Small production – 2618 bottles only, individually hand-numbered.
Crisp, fresh and lively green-apple (Granny Smith) flavours with obvious but more delicate yeast influence and a long/dry finish. Tight/linear palate with good length. Very lively bubble structure. Serve very cold.
Secret Sommelier’s Comments
A lively sparkling wine made from gently pressed Chardonnay grapes. Produced in the traditional method without shortcuts. The wine is bottled, aged on the lees for 24 months then hand disgorged without the addition of sugar (dosage), followed by hand labelling. A handmade, everyday fizz with refreshing granny smith apples, citrus and stone fruit on the palate finishing on a light biscuity character.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.