de la vigne Sauvignon Blanc (de la vigne) 2015 NZ
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Hawke's Bay
Sub-region: Central Hawke's Bay, Waipawa
- An excellent growing year gives an elegant, detailed. bright wine with a salty citrus line
- Limestone, loess, volcanic- ash soils, with altitude from 230-270 metres and variations in terrain makes our vineyard special
- Grown at different altitudes and soil depths, picked at different ripeness gives a range of flavours
- Low yields and carefully handpicked fruit is rare these days for Sauvignon
- Cool fermentation to retain the exotic aromas, followed by lees stirring for texture
- Best principles of winemaking maintains and enhances the aromas, flavours, structure and texture of the wine. Vineyard is certified sustainable and managed following ecological processes
Complex, pure, refreshing, inviting and youthful bouquet. Aromas and flavours of citrus, yellow and white orchard fruits, a saline and mineral core, leesy textures and salivating acid line. The texture of this wine is as interesting and intriguing as the core of fruit and varietal reminders of sweet herb and tropical fruit. A delightful example with best drinking from today and through 2022.
Secret Sommelier’s Comments
It is unusual to taste new world Sauvignon Blanc with some bottle age and for a 2015 vintage this wine is phenomenal; it has notable energy and surprisingly persistent acidity (for the age that is). The mineral texture of this wine is crunchy but turns into silk on the palate. An elegant wine that is very complex! The classic green vegetal flavours are harmonised with gooseberries, citrus fruit and tropical fruit nuances with minerality that shines on the finish. The wine has length. In the glass…Old world meets new world in perfect harmony. Mirrors Sancerre Mont Damnes’ quality and complexity at a fraction of the price.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.